Several members of the congregation have asked what was the monetary value of Hope’s 2006 LWR donations. That is a difficult question to answer. I have to be on the inexpensive side as we, I am sure: always buy on sale or with coupons.
- 13 sewing kits @ $10.50 a kit $ 139.50
- 43 school kits @ $4.75 a kit 204.25
- 39 health kits @ $5.00 a kit 224.25
- 248 bars of soap @ $.30 a bar 74.40
- 51 quilts @ $25.00 per quilt plus, sent to 1,275.00
- LSF for Katrina victims in South West Fl.
- 49 health kits @ 5,00 a kit 281.75
- 100 bars of soap 30.00
- TOTAL $ 2,229.15
The value of quilts is subjective, as there are so many variables. There is the donated materials plus the labor. The labor is more than most of us know. It takes dedication to put these donations into a quilt.
Joanne Johnston, LWR Coordinator